Castilla y La Mancha
Pisto manchego is a traditional Spanish dish from the Castilla la Mancha region, packed with vegetables, super healthy and really easy to make. Enjoy!
Preparation time15 minutes
Cooking timeabout 50 minutes
- 3 tbsp La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into chunks
- Few fresh oregano leaves, thyme sprigs and sprig rosemary
- 1 eggplant, cut into chunks
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into chunks
- 500g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Fresh oregano leaves
- La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil Medium Flavour, for drizzling
- Manchego cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, over a medium heat. Add the onions and a little salt, cover and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, cover and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the capsicums are just softened.
- Throw in the herbs, eggplant and zucchini, stir well, then cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and sherry vinegar.
- Season well, then cover and cook for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and tomatoes broken down.
- Serve in bowls, garnish with the oregano leaves and drizzle with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil Medium Flavour. Scatter over the manchego cheese if desired.