This Spanish summer salad is delicious eaten on its own with crusty bread or as an accompaniment to grilled fish or meat. When the summer days are long, this refreshing salad is quick to prepare and healthy to enjoy.
Preparation time10 minutes
Cooking time20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 500 g tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed and diced
- 1 large green capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp La Española Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Soak the diced onion in water, leave for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum in a bowl and stir in the drained onions.
- Place the garlic in a mortar with a pinch of cumin, a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil, and pound until you have a paste.
- In another small bowl mix the rest of the olive oil with the vinegar and add the garlic paste. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled with crusty bread or as a side dish for fish.