A classic among the classics. This popular tapas dish is the perfect appetiser to share with friends and family. It’s also vegan friendly and you can make your family a serving in less than an hour!
Preparation time5 minutes
Cooking time50 minutes
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- Pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the potatoes:
- 900 g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp La Española Pure Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat- leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, chilli, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, paprika, sugar and vinegar. Season, then bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until pulpy.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Pat the potatoes dry with kitchen towel, then tip into a roasting tin and toss in the olive oil and some seasoning.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes until crisp and golden, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Add the potatoes to serving dishes and spoon over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley to serve.