Comunidad de Madrid
Garlic mushrooms are easy to make and oh so delicious! Serve these aromatic delights with bread as a tapas dish, or enjoy them as a side for your favourite meat dishes.
Serves4 as a starter
Preparation time5 minutes
Cooking time14 minutes
- 500g seasonal mushrooms (portobello, chestnuts, shitakes, oysters etc)
- 6 tbsp of La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 100ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch of strips of lemon zest
- Drizzle of La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mild Flavour
- Shaving of Manchego cheese
- Clean the mushrooms with a small brush or wipe with a damp cloth. Cut any large mushrooms into pieces. .
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Pour in the La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil and fry the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the wine and flambé for 30 seconds, until reduced.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon zest. Place in a serving dish and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil mild flavour over.