Garlic Prawns - Gambas al ajillo in Spanish - is a star tapa, especially in the south of Spain. Try this recipe and surprise your guests with its delectable kick!
- 8 prawns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1 chilli pepper
- 15ml sherry
- 5g paprika
- A little of each ingredient: chilli pepper, chopped parsley, chopped garlic and La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil (whether Medium or Mild, that´s your choice!)
- Chop the garlic and the chilli pepper and fry them in La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil.
- Add the sherry.
- Fry the prawns in the garlic, chilli pepper and sherry sauce for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the parsley and fry the prawns for 1 more minute.
- Serve the prawns with some chopped chilli pepper, parsley and garlic and drizzle them with La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the perfect final touch.